1. Presentation of the website
As per Article 6 of Law No. 2004-575 of 21 June 2004 on confidence in the digital economy, users of the SLM Media website are hereby informed of the identity of the various participants responsible for implementing and updating the website:
- Owner: SLM MEDIA SPR – SPRL au capital de 68 600 € – Place Alphonse Favresse 45/3 1310 La Hulpe (Belgium)
- SIRET number: BE0508794791
- Trade and Companies Registry number: RCS PARIS B 429 432 560
- VAT identification number: BE 0508 794 791
- Web Development: Arsenal Productions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publication manager: Sophie Lebas – email@example.com
- The publication manager is a natural or legal person.
- Webmaster: Jeremy Alembik – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Host: OVH – 2 rue Kellermann BP 80157 59053 Roubaix Cedex 1
- Credits: Legal notices by JBA Development
2. General terms for website use and services offered
This website is normally always available to users. However, Jeremy Alembik may decide to interrupt service for technical maintenance and will then do his best to notify users of the dates and times of maintenance in advance.
The SLM Media website is updated regularly by Sophie Lebas. Similarly, the legal notices may be modified at any time but will, however, still be binding for the user, who is encouraged to refer to them as often as possible.
3. Description of services provided
The SLM Media website is intended to provide information about all of the company’s activities.
SLM Media strives to provide information that is as accurate as possible on the SLM Media website. However, the company shall not be held responsible for any omissions, inaccuracies or flaws in the updated information, whether these are due to the company or to a third party information provider.
All contents of the SLM Media website are given for information only, and are subject to change. Furthermore, the information on the SLM Media website is not exhaustive. Such information may be changed after being posted online.
4. Contractual limitations on technical data
The website shall not be held liable for any material damage related to the use of the website. In addition, the website user agrees to access the website using recent, virus-free equipment with an uptodate browser.
5. Intellectual property infringement
SLM Media owns the intellectual property rights or the rights to use all content on the website, including text, images, graphics, logos, icons, audio and software.
Any reproduction, depiction, modification, publication or adaptation of all or part of the website, regardless of the means or process, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from: SLM Media.
Any unauthorised use of the website or its contents shall be considered an infringement and will be prosecuted in accordance with the provisions of Articles L.335-2 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code.
6. Limitations on liability
SLM Media cannot be held responsible for direct or indirect damage to the user’s equipment when accessing the SLM Media website, resulting either from the use of equipment that does not meet the specifications in Item 4, or from a bug or incompatibility.
SLM Media shall not either be held responsible for indirect damage (such as a loss of market or opportunity) resulting from the use of the SLM Media website.
Interactive spaces (with the opportunity to ask questions in the contact section) are available to users. SLM Media reserves the right to remove, without prior notice, any content posted in these sections that violates the applicable legislation in France, in particular the provisions concerning data protection. Where appropriate, SLM Media also reserves the right to hold the user civilly or criminally liable, especially in event of racist, offensive, defamatory, or pornographic messages, regardless of the medium used (text, photos, etc.).
7. Management of personal information
In France, personal information is specifically protected by Law No. 7887 of 6 January 1978, Act No. 2004801 of 6 August 2004, Article L. 22613 of the Criminal Code and the European Directive of 24 October 1995.
When using the SLM Media website, the following may be collected: the URL of the links used to access the SLM Media website, the user’s access provider, and the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address.
In any event, SLM Media only collects personal information about the user to meet the needs of certain services offered by the SLM Media website. Users provide this information freely and knowingly, in particular when they enter such information themselves. Users of the SLM Media website are then informed as to whether providing this information is compulsory.
In accordance with Articles 38 et seq. and Law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to computing, files and civil liberties, every user has a right to access, correct and object to their personal information by submitting a written, signed request with a signed copy of proof of identity, including the address to which the reply should be sent.
The personal information of SLM Media website users is not published without the knowledge of the user, nor is it exchanged, transferred, assigned or sold to a third party, whatever the media used. Said information could only be transferred to the prospective purchaser of SLM Media and its rights, who would then be bound by the same obligation regarding data preservation and modification with respect to the SLM Media website user.
The website is not declared to the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL: Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés) because it does not use personal information as indicated on this page.
Databases are protected by the provisions of the Law of 1 July 1998, implementing Directive 96/9 of 11 March 1996 as to the legal protection of databases.
8. Links and cookies
The SLM Media website contains a number of hyperlinks to other websites, set up with the permission of SLM Media. However, SLM Media cannot check the contents of the websites thus visited and therefore is not responsible in this regard.
Navigating the SLM Media website is likely to lead to the installation of cookie(s) on the user’s computer. A cookie is a small file which cannot identify the user, but which records information concerning the navigation of the computer user browsing the website. The data obtained is intended to facilitate subsequent use of the website, and also to enable various measures of visit frequency.
Disabling cookies may make it impossible to access certain services. Nevertheless, users may configure their computer settings in the following manner to disable cookies:
- Internet Explorer: Tool tab (the cog icon at the top right)/Internet Options. Click the Privacy tab and select “Block All Cookies”. Click OK.
- Firefox: at the top of the browser window, click the Firefox button, then select the Options tab. Select the Privacy tab. Under “History” select: “Use custom settings for history”. Then deselect the box “Accept cookies from websites” to disable cookies.
- Safari: in the top right of the browser window, click on the menu icon (cog symbol). Select “Settings”. Click “Show Advanced Settings”. In the “Privacy” section, click “Content Settings”. In the “Cookies” section, you can disable cookies.
- Chrome: at the top right of the browser, click on the menu icon (three horizontal lines). Select “Settings”. Click “Show Advanced Settings”. In the “Privacy” section, click “Settings”. Under the “Privacy” tab, you can disable cookies.
9. Applicable law and jurisdiction
Any dispute in connection with the use of the SLM Media website is subject to French law. The competent courts of Paris shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
User: a person who accesses the aforementioned website over the Internet.
Personal information: “Information that enables, in any form whatsoever, directly or indirectly, the identification of any individual to whom it applies” (Article 4 of Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978).